Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Tooth Fairy Came

for my sweet little Avery's first lost tooth! Even though this excitement happened over a week ago, I couldn't miss sharing her good news. Luckily, her big brother (who is a pro at losing teeth) showed her the ropes. She was gifted with a nice shiny new gold $1 coin. Apparently the Tooth Fairy is handing them out these days.
I'm not sure why this loss took me so much by surprise. She is 5 afterall. But, I just couldn't believe we were at that point with her! Sometimes I wish I could hold my kids so tight that the days will slow down....


4 comments:

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

Look at that happy grin! I also cannot BELIEVE she is losing teeth now. Not possible.

Will she spend her shiny coin or keep it? (hmmmm, wonder what Dave Ramsey's kids did with their tooth fairy treasures? hee)

Bruce Judisch said...

I think you may be onto something. Holding them tight is about the only way to slow things down. It's when you look away that they suddenly age five years for every one of yours. ;-)

Love, Mom & Dad

the mccann clan said...

I can't believe it either! If Avery's old enough to be losing teeth, that means that Moira is too!! *shock* She looks so sweet in this picture, and reminds me of how much I miss all of your precious little ones. *sigh*

I'm off to go hold my own a little tighter today...

Love you, Sis!

Jennifer said...

I can't believe that! She looks so cute without it though! Don't you think?! I have a great picture of her with her missing tooth from MDO that I was just looking at. I feel the same way about holding them tight to slow they won't grow so fast--I have been thinking about that a lot this month!