Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Learning to Ride

So, we had a fun and busy weekend that extended over into Monday for me. I was able to take the day off on Monday and spend precious time with the kiddos. I have to say I'm grateful for my job but I sure do miss being home with my kids. On Saturday while Tom worked, I took the kids to my parents house and we went on a little road trip to Medina to visit the Love Creek Apple Orchard and Country Store. It really was a beautiful drive. We stopped at a little park by a river and took a few pictures. I had to laugh at most of the pictures because in the group shots the sun was SO bright and right in our eyes - the kids could barely stand it. Can you tell?!
Look at Avery in this one!
Too funny! Anyway, in spite of the killer sun, it was a great time!


Then on Sunday afternoon, Avery decided it was high time we take off those training wheels on her bike. She was determined to ride with 2 wheels! It's funny how kids decide these things and then all of a sudden they are ready. We've been talking about it for a while with her and she never wanted to do it. But, when she decided, that was it. She did a GREAT job and I'm so proud of my "girly" girl, with all of her princess ways, that she stuck it out in spite of the falls and scrapes and everything else that goes with learning how to ride a bike.

All in all it was a great three days and a beautiful weekend.

3 comments:

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

YAY for Avery!!!! What a big girl.

Sounds like a gorgeous weekend. Love the pics!

Anonymous said...

Kim,
I am so excited about your new blog! I love all the pictures and look forward to checking in often.
I am staying in town this weekend, so if you are still interested in a GNO on Friday night...I will talk to you tonight!
I will have to check that Orchard out. Sounds like a lot of fun.

the mccann clan said...

The orchard sounds like fun! I have many blinding sun pics from our visit to the pumpkin patch this year, too.

And, I can't believe Avery's riding a bike!! I can hardly get Moira to peddle her bike, let alone go without training wheels. Way to go, Avery! :)